Luna Play Silks
The Luna Play Silks are here! These vegan silks are ready for the muddiest and roughest play!
Play silks are an integral part of the Waldorf philosophy where children are encouraged to learn about their world through active play. Long before the philosophy existed perhaps, children have been playing with loose ribbons, silks and scrap pieces of cloth from time. Just what is so fascinating about this unusual toy?
What we may call 'just a length of fabric' is indeed one of the most imaginative and open ended play for children. It won't be long before these silks become a favourite in the play room! It may be the colours, or the buttery soft flowy texture but you'll surely be in awe of their versatility with just a little encouragement and a whole lot of imagination.
You won't need to prompt play with silks, children are most creative and you'll find them being used as
- superhero capes and the perfect peek-a-boos
- butterfly and fairy wings
- play scene and nature table setup with toy figurines to represent seasons, oceans, forests and grassy plains
- picnic mats and tea party tablecloths
- roofs for their foam builds & molten lava for their obstacle course
- perfectly huggable blankies for dolls (and their owners) or a magical carpet to soar the skies
- a lasso to catch those feisty hoodlums
- tied to sticks and waved as flags
- bath and pool toys that can get wet and wet again
- reusable gift wrap that is a gift of its own
Details & Care Instructions:
Tie Dyed Lawn Silks: 45 in x 70 in
Machine wash cold on delicate cycle, hand dry. Iron on synthetic setting (low heat) if necessary. Never tumble dry.
Love how vibrant the color is! So much fun for floor is lava, super hero cape and so much more!